ACCT 211 Connect Homework Chapter 7 Problems Liberty University Solution
Mayfair Co. allows select customers to make purchases on credit. Its other customers can use either of two credit cards: Zisa or Access. Zisa deducts a 2.5% service charge for sales on its credit card. Access deducts a 1.5% service charge for sales on its card. Mayfair completes the following transactions in June.
Prepare journal entries to record the preceding transactions and events. (The company uses the perpetual inventory system.) (If no entry is required for a transaction/event, select "No journal entry required" in the first account field.)
At December 31, 2017, Hawke Company reports the following results for its calendar year.
In addition, its unadjusted trial balance includes the following items.
1. Prepare the adjusting entry for this company to recognize bad debts under each of the following independent assumptions.
2. Show how Accounts Receivable and the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts appear on its December 31, 2017, balance sheet given the facts in part 1a.
3. Show how Accounts Receivable and the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts appear on its December 31, 2017, balance sheet given the facts in part 1c.
Jarden Company has credit sales of $2,100,000 for year 2017. On December 31, 2017, the company’s Allowance for Doubtful Accounts has an unadjusted credit balance of $14,706. Jarden prepares a schedule of its December 31, 2017, accounts receivable by age. On the basis of past experience, it estimates the percent of receivables in each age category that will become uncollectible. This information is summarized here.
1. Estimate the required balance of the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts at December 31, 2017, using the aging of accounts receivable method.
2. Prepare the adjusting entry to record bad debts expense at December 31, 2017.
Liang Company began operations on January 1, 2016. During its first two years, the company completed a number of transactions involving sales on credit, accounts receivable collections, and bad debts. These transactions are summarized as follows.
Prepare journal entries to record Liang’s 2016 and 2017 summarized transactions and its year-end adjustments to record bad debts expense. (The company uses the perpetual inventory system and it applies the allowance method for its accounts receivable.) (Round your intermediate calculations to the nearest dollar amount.)
The following selected transactions are from Ohlm Company. (Use 360 days a year.)
1-a. First, complete the table below to calculate the interest amount at December 31, 2016.
1-b. Use the calculated value to prepare your journal entries for 2016 transactions.
1-c. First, complete the table below to calculate the interest amounts.
1-d. Use those calculated values to prepare your journal entries for 2017 transactions.